It is possible to allow your customers to choose the billing cycle they want to pay for your MemberPress membership subscription. If you are looking for a way to allow them to select to pay for recurring subscriptions either monthly or yearly, this documentation will show you how.
Setting your MemberPress membership/s
- Create two sets of your membership, each should have a different billing cycle interval. In this example, the first membership’s interval is monthly while the other is set to yearly.
Creating your form
- Set your registration form
- Add the necessary fields, examples of common field needed for a simple registration form are the following:
- Stripe/Credit Card field (if you’re using Stripe to process payments)
For this tutorial however, we will need to add a standard checkbox (or dropdown/radio button) field to let your customers choose the billing cycle for their subscription. In the choices, add the billing cycles you want.
- Proceed with adding two Product fields or more depending on how many billing cycles you are offering. In this example, since we are offering clients to pay monthly/yearly, there should be one product field for the monthly subscription and another product field for the yearly subscription. Name each product field according to their billing cycle.
- Each product field should have a conditional logic enabled wherein the field will only be shown depending on the choice selected in the checkbox we previously added.
- Before enabling the conditional logic, make sure that you are able to bulk add the correct MemberPress membership in your Product field with the right billing cycle.
- Add your Stripe/Credit Card fields (depending on your payment processor) at the end along with the Total field
Setting the Feeds
Gravity Press Feeds
- Two Gravity Press feeds will be set up in this registration form since we are offering two types of billing cycles.
- We will first set up the feed for the monthly subscription.
- Create a new feed for the monthly subscription. You do not have to add separate MemberPress Field for each MemberPress level you have since it’s already taken care of in the Product field you have previously created. In this example, I choose the field “Choose monthly subscription” because this was the field label of the Product field I have created for my monthly levels.
- IMPORTANT: Proceed with enabling a condition and set a condition to only process the feed if the choice “Monthly” was selected in the Checkbox field added in your form.
- Now, create another Gravity Press feed for your yearly subscription. Simply follow the steps above but select the Product field label of your yearly subscription for the MemberPress Level Field.
- You need to also enable a condition for this new feed to process this second Gravity press feed if the checkbox choice is Yearly.
- Since we are offering two options for the billing cycle in this example, there should also be two payment feeds as well.
- The important thing here is to make sure that the billing cycle matches the MemberPress membership’s interval you’re creating this feed for.
- Since this is for recurring subscription, the transaction type should be set to Subscription.
- Just like your Gravity Press feeds, you will have to also enable conditional logic to process the payment for each billing cycle option. This can be set under “Other Settings.”
User Registration Feed
- Lastly, add a user registration feed to register your customers to your site.